Monday, August 27, 2012

Good Vs. Bad

Over the weekend, I realized so many things that were right in front of me. Things that involved the idea of good and bad being able to exist in a single person. I've always known that, but I actually had to see it firsthand to finally get it. I always tried to see the good in people and I always will. They can be the most screwed up individual in the world and I'll only find the good. It's just how I am.

I met someone that is a wonderful person. They are not only full of life, but speak what's on their mind. I enjoyed getting to know this person. We joked around, but also had serious conversations all in the course of one night.  It was wonderful and I loved being able to do that.

That leads me to the discussion of good vs. bad. Think of the worst possible scenario. Then think of the greatest. Put those two together and that's the kind of person I met. Even though I saw all of the bad, I saw the good more. It made me realize that there is ALWAYS good in a person. Whether you ever see it or not, I do. Everyone makes mistakes, but they're all still great people.

I'm not the best person, but I try to do the right things. I try to help people before I help myself. Most of the time, that backfires. I still do it though. I refuse to change who I am just because it hurts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment